The flavorful chick-fil-a kale salad is loaded with health-friendly ingredients. You can also try endless simple toppings in no time to add taste!
Chick-Fil-A Kale salad recipe is a superfood that is as easy and satiating as it sounds. Ready in minutes, your entire family will love this treat!
Excited to learn how to make this recipe?
Why Will You Love This Recipe?
- This chick-fil-a kale salad recipe is quick and easy.
- The homemade version tastes better than the fast food one.
- This salad is healthy, flavorful, and full of nutrients.
- The taste has a variety of greens, fruits, and nuts.
- You have several dressing options to choose from.
- It’s a great option to serve at lunch or dinner.
- It can be a fantastic side dish for party meals.
- This nutritious salad is one of the perfect 2B mindset dinner recipes to improve health fast.
Things You Need for Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad Recipe:
- Sharp knife
- Wide cutting board
- Large bowl for mixing
Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad Ingredients:
- Kale: Use pre-cut organic kale to save you time and energy. It is the same price.
- Cabbage: Use cabbage of any color, either green or red.
- Almonds: you can use spiced or roasted almonds to add extra flavor. Both work well.
- Dried berries: High in antioxidants –berries also add toothsome sweetness.
- Olive oil: use good quality —extra virgin olive oil. It creates the base of the dressing, so it must be suitable for an excellent overall experience.
- Honey: add sweetness and turn the vinegar tang down.
- Orange juice: you can replace it with lemon, too. Use any that you like.
- Dijon mustard: It is vital to make a Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Garlic powder, salt & black pepper: only a bit of each spice to lift up salad flavor.
Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad Recipe:
- Rinse kale. Dry.
- Take the cutting board. Cut out the center ribs and chop kale leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- After chopping, put the kale and cabbage into a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients well in a small bowl or mason jar.
- Now pour half the dressing over the kale and cabbage mix, and use your hands to combine them.
- Allow the kale to rest for three minutes to soften.
- After it softens, add chopped almonds and dried blueberries to the salad and the rest of the dressing.
- Toss all ingredients well. Use tongs for serving.
Substitutions for Ingredients:
- Cabbage: Use green cabbage or napa cabbage. Even iceberg lettuce or shredded brussels sprouts work well.
- Almonds: Candied, sliced, or slivered almonds will work. Toast them first. If you want to replace almonds, do this with chopped cashews, pistachios, or pecans. Just remember to toast them.
- Dried blueberries: you can substitute these with dried raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries.
- Olive oil: In place of olive oil, use avocado oil.
- Honey: Maple syrup is a friendly alternative. It will also serve to make it vegan.
- Orange juice: Replace it with lemon juice.
- Be careful while cutting kale. Cut the ribs out first.
- Add chicken or shrimp to make it a main course meal.
- Massage half part of the dressing into the kale to soften it.
- Toast the nuts always.
- To save plenty of time, buy pre-shredded cabbage.
- If you wish to make it a vegan salad, replace the honey with maple syrup and Dijon mustard with spicy or coarse mustard.
- Save any leftovers in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
You can also try our very own Chick-Fil-A Spicy Southwest Salad or 2B Chicken Kale Salad for unique flavors.
- Chicken breast (will make it a main dish)
- Baby broccoli
- English cucumbers
- Chopped apples
- Diced radishes
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it essential to massage kale in the recipe?
It is not very important to massage the kale. Even so, it gives more admirable results, only taking 2 to 3 minutes more. Your kale turns out to be softer.
What are the ideal toppings for Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad?
You can play with various interesting toppings for this superfood salad. Try salted nuts, dried fruit (cranberries), sunflower seeds, and parmesan cheese. All these go well with this Chick-Fil-A salad.
What is the best way to eat Chick-Fil-A salad?
Chick-fil-A salad is so good to be repurposed as well. You should only go for chick-fil kale salad dressing when you are about to eat it. Fresher the dressing, the better the taste! Use it as an added chicken or tofu lunch wrap.
Can we call Chick-Fil-A a healthy version?
Overall, the recipe is healthy. However, the dressing has oils and ingredients that are not healthy occasionally.
Is Chick-Fil-A salad costly?
Not really! Buying from a fast food restaurant will cost you about $2.29 per serving. But if you make it with my copycat version recipe, it costs around $1.10 per serving.
Is this salad vegan?
It is not vegan, as honey and Dijon are the main dressing ingredients. Yet, you can apply a few minor changes to make it vegan. Go to the substitutions list to learn more.
How to store Chick-Fil-A salad?
You can store the salad in an airtight box in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. The dressing, however, shall be placed in a mason jar for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
How can we serve the salad the best way after having it stored?
You can serve this Chick-Fil-A salad efficiently in the fridge if you have any leftovers. Just remember that the olive oil hardens when it is chilled. Take the dish out 15 minutes before reusing it, and give it a nice shake. It will all be good to enjoy!
Nutritious kale, cabbage, dried, sweet blueberries, and nutty almonds tossed in delicious apple cider. Dijon vinaigrette is the treat you get if you try this chick-fil kale salad recipe. Even considering substitutions and variations will add more amazing flavors to your superfood salad.
You will find this even better than its original version. All the super delish ingredients it has will take your heart away. This simple, easy, tasteful salad will likely make you a regular kale user.
You might also like the following:
Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad Recipe
Here’s an exciting copycat Chick-Fil-A recipe for all you salad and chicken lovers! The best part about this dish is that it tastes even better than its original version. All the goodness of nutritious kale, cabbage, blueberries, and almonds combine with apple cider Dijon vinaigrette to create the most exotic flavor.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
- Salad Ingredients
- Chopped kale: 6 cups
- Red cabbage: 1 ½ cups shredded
- Almonds: ⅓ cups spiced
- Blueberries: ¼ cup dried
- Dressing Ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil: ¼ cup
- Apple cider vinegar: 3 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard: 2 tablespoons
- Honey: 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Also, add orange juice to the mixture.
Now rinse your kale well. Dry it.
Put it on a large cutting board, and cut out the center ribs.
Chop the leaves into small, bite-sized pieces.
Put this chopped kale and cabbage into a large bowl.
Place half of the dressing over this kale and cabbage mixture. Remember to massage it using your hands.
Let the kale tenderize for three minutes.
Time to add chopped spiced almonds with dried blueberries to the salad. Also, add the remainder of the dressing you made.
Give all ingredients a fine toss to make sure they mix well. Serve it up using tongs and enjoy a nutritious homemade meal.