Make hot honey chicken tenders in the air fryer and get the same store-bought juicy, crunchy quality at home. Just a few simple ingredients and your favorite snack is ready in under 30 minutes!
Get your hands on these honey breaded chicken tenders and enjoy with your family. It is not only great in taste but also very fulfilling and purely gluten-free.
Dip in your favorite sauce and start making these mouthwatering tenders. To make a proper meal, pair it up with salad or pasta, or create a wrap.
Surprisingly, there are various ideas for making these chicken tenders, so be a creative chef and start assembling.
Let’s dive into the recipe!
Why You Must Try Hot Honey Chicken Tenders:
- It is easy to make in less than 30 minutes.
- You need a few pantry staple ingredients.
- The texture you get: is juicy from the inside and crispy from the outside.
- Sweet and spicy hot honey sauce makes these chicken tenders super delicious.
What are Hot Honey Chicken Tenders?
Hot honey chicken tenders are super delicious and full of crunchiness. Once you try this snack, it will become your new favorite.
The super juicy chicken tenders are coated with homemade hot honey sauce, which is undoubtedly incredible. Sometimes people call this recipe a “chef’s kiss,” and rightly so.
The tasty, crispy chicken tenders are great to eat all alone! But you can also pair these tenders with mac n cheese, southern macaroni salad, or other side dishes.
Ingredients You Need for Hot Honey Chicken Tenders:
The key ingredients to make hot honey chicken tenders are given below. For complete measurements and quantities, you can check the recipe card at the end ⬇
The use of boneless, pre-cut chicken is required for this recipe. You can also go for a chicken breast; that’s even easier to make.
Egg whites help merge the breadcrumbs into the chicken. It is one of the reasons why these chicken tenders are healthy.
It helps in giving a crispy, crunchy look to your chicken tenders. The most authentic one is gluten-free panko breadcrumbs, but you can also go for plain breadcrumbs.
It creates a spicy flavor on the cooked chicken tender for an epic taste.
Honey is blended with the hot sauce on the chicken. The result is spicy and sweet, just like a hot honey sauce.
Easy Steps to Make Hot Honey Chicken Tenders:
- Firstly, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Set a bowl of egg whites and a plate of breadcrumbs.
- Dip the tenderloin chicken into egg whites and then cover with breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and repeat the procedure until all chicken pieces are ready.
- Spray olive oil on the air fryer basket and carefully place the breaded chicken pieces with a little gap between them.
- Once all chicken tenderloins are ready, cook them for about 12 minutes at 380 degrees F. Also, flip the chicken halfway when cooked from one side. Keep cooking until turned golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hot honey sauce by mixing honey and hot sauce in a small pan and heating it until the bubbles start popping up.
- Now toss the crispy chicken tenders with a spoonful of spicy and sweet hot honey sauce.
- Serve it with your favorite side dish and a glass of soft drink. Enjoy the delicious snack!
Substitution for Ingredients:
- You can replace chicken tenderloins with chicken breast for an easy option.
- Plain breadcrumbs or simple cornflakes are a suitable replacement for panko breadcrumbs, but the recipe will not be gluten-free.
- If hot sauce is unavailable now, you can use chili garlic sauce too.
Expert Cooking Tips:
- Ensure that you remove the white tenderloin from the chicken because they are tough to chew.
- Avoid pouring too much to make chicken tenders perfectly cooked. The air fryer will prepare the best chicken tenders with less oil.
- Do not add egg yolks, and this recipe needs only egg whites. You can save yolks for making scrambled eggs or other recipes.
- Hot honey chicken tenders can be a great meal prep recipe. You can easily make them ahead of time and toss them with the sauce when ready to serve.
- Divide the chicken tenders without sauce for kids as they can not handle too much spiciness, and set a plate of coated chicken tenders for adults.
- Pair up with anything you like. It can be fries, salads, or your favorite lemonade.
The crispy hot honey chicken tenders are great to enjoy alone, but you can also pair them up with anything that would make a healthy meal. Let’s have a look:
Pro Tip: Sprinkle some homemade elote seasoning on chicken tenders after tossing the sauce for an extra tangy taste
More to Know…
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Directions:
Although it is almost impossible to have chicken tenders leftovers, if that is the case, store these tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Firstly, freeze the cooked chicken tenders on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet for an hour; ensure they do not stick together. Then shift the frozen chicken tenders to a freezer-safe bag and freeze them for up to 3 months.
To reheat the chicken tenders, you will have to place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 325 degrees F for 6-8 minutes. Another easy option is to microwave them for 1-2 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I fry the hot honey chicken tenders?
Yes, absolutely! If you do not have an air fryer, add 1-2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet and cook until golden brown. You will get the same taste and texture but a little less healthy.
Are these chicken tenders spicy?
Yes, you will feel a bunch of spiciness on the first bite because of the hot honey sauce. But if you prefer a sweet sauce, you can add more honey.
How to make gluten-free hot chicken tenders?
Use gluten-free panko breadcrumbs. They are the best to make this recipe gluten-free and provide a delicious taste every time.
Can I make spicy chicken nuggets with the same recipe?
Yes, be a creative chef! Cut the chicken tenders into cubes and make hot honey chicken nuggets.
Hot Honey Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer: Extraordinarily Delicious!
Make these air fryer hot honey chicken tenders in under 30 minutes. The recipe is super easy and quick; you will get the juicy, crispy chicken tenders with a sweet and spicy hot honey sauce coating. Get started already!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 12 mins
Total Time 22 mins
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins white tenderloins removed
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs egg whites only
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- Avocado oil or olive oil spray
Firstly, preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
Set a bowl of egg whites and a plate of breadcrumbs.
Dip the tenderloin chicken into egg whites and then cover with breadcrumbs.
Place the breaded chicken on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and repeat the procedure until all chicken pieces are ready.
Spray olive oil on the air fryer basket and carefully place the breaded chicken pieces with a little gap between them.
Once all chicken tenderloins are ready, cook them for about 12 minutes at 380 degrees F. Also, flip the chicken halfway when cooked from one side. Keep cooking until turned golden brown and crispy.
Meanwhile, prepare the hot honey sauce by mixing honey and hot sauce in a small pan and heating it until the bubbles start popping up.
Now toss the crispy chicken tenders with a spoonful of spicy and sweet hot honey sauce.
Serve it with your favorite side dish and a glass of soft drink. Enjoy the delicious snack!
- Ensure that you remove the white tenderloins from the chicken.
- Do not add too much oil. This healthy snack recipe works great with less fat.
- Never add the egg yolks; you only need egg whites.
- Since these chicken tenders are spicy, you can serve the without sauce ones separately to kids and place the coated tenders in another dish.
- Store any chicken tenders leftovers in an airtight container for 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories 340 kcal
Cholesterol 132.4 mg
Vitamin A 78 µg
Total Fat 4.8 g
Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
Vitamin C 0.2 mg
Sodium 1215.4 mg
Protein 42.8 g
Sugars 19.1 g
Keyword honey breaded chicken tenders, hot honey chicken tenders, hot honey chicken tenders in air fryer, ot honey chicken tenders recipe