Get your dinner ready at the table within 30 minutes with these amazing weeknight recipes. You don’t need to put in a lot of hard work. You can serve these healthy fried shrimps with salads, carrot fries, and sauces.
If you are a seafood lover, you might find this post interesting. Especially if you like shrimp, and you can’t get enough of it ever, I give you this crazily delicious, perfectly cooked shrimp recipe. Let’s learn how to make some classic, crispiest gluten-free fried shrimp!
This fried shrimp is so crazily delicious. It’s coated in crunchy, gluten-free breading, and cooked in 5 minutes in the air fryer making this an awesome weeknight dinner. The egg dip gives that golden crisp, with a really quick cooking method, so you can also make this dish on busy weekends.
It’s very healthy, and cooks so quickly, that you can have dinner ready in a flash.
Shall we get started? Right on!
What Kind of Shrimp is Best to Use for Frying?
For air-fried shrimp recipes, you should try using the largest-sized shrimp if possible. We are using 26/23 in this recipe, but 16/20 and 21/25 sizes also do well. The frozen state of shrimp is the best to use here, for it makes the cooking easier.
You need to thaw the shrimp, so buy those that are easy to peel and are already made ready to cook. You should only be removing the tail and the shell off.
Note: As you shop for making shrimp, know that there is not a huge price difference between frozen and fresh shrimps.
Shrimp is loved by millions of people around the world. The food has been popular for thousands of years. It is even more consumed and admired by the people who live by the seashores worldwide.
This is because they have spent most of their lives having seafood as a major part of their diet. Seafood has its own unique tastes and flavors and they fill up all your protein requirements to gain and maintain health.
Gluten-Free Fried Shrimp —Ingredients
The ingredients required to make Classic shrimp as follows:
- Shrimp: 26/23 (for shrimp size), frozen shrimps are best to use, you can defrost them before cooking
- Salt & Pepper: To taste
- Egg Whites: These are used to perfectly bind the breading.
- Gluten-free Panko: This adds lightness and crispness to the shrimps.
- Old bay seasoning: It’s a classic blend of seasoning for seafood. It adds great taste to everything.
Excited? Let’s start cooking gluten-free popcorn shrimp.
How to Make Gluten-Free Fried Shrimp
Here are the cooking directions for frying gluten-free shrimps in an air fryer.
- If your shrimps aren’t ready, prepare them by removing shells and tails and devening them.
- Now set up for breading. Take a shallow bowl.
- Combine some ingredients such as gluten-free panko, old bay, salt, and pepper.
- Now take another shallow dish to prepare the crispy fried shrimp batter. Put your egg whites into it.
- Take the raw shrimp and dip it into the egg white.
- Dredge the shrimps in gluten-free breading.
- Keep placing them one by one on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once all shrimps are breaded, spray the air fryer basket bottom with cooking spray.
- Add some of the shrimp only. Avoid having a crowd in the basket.
- Generously spray shrimps top in the air fryer with cooking spray.
- At 380 °F, air fry the shrimp for about 3 minutes.
- Flip them using tongs.
- Spray them with some more cooking spray, and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the first batch of shrimps using the same tongs.
- Repeat step no. 11,12,13, and 14 with the remaining shrimps.
- Serve the air-fried shrimps with sauces of your choice and enjoy the dish! 😋
Above are the steps for making crispy fried shrimps. I hope you try the recipe and have fun.
Keep the following points into consideration while trying this crispy shrimp recipe out:
- Go through the entire recipe before you start.
- Make sure that your shrimps are prepared to cook.
- Prefer buying frozen shrimp because they are both more cost-effective and easier to cook.
- Also, remember to buy easy-peel shrimp, so you could save time and energy to clean the vein and the shells come off with ease.
- Never crowd the air fryer basket, or else you will lose that crisp taste of the shrimps. Crowding the basket gets the food steamed NOT fried.
- If you want to get the best taste and smell, serve the shrimp hot.
- You can take any sauce with them as you like. However, they taste great with cocktail sauce or a Cajun remoulade.
- Fried shrimps also taste good with mustard.
Take a furtive look over the FAQs about gluten-free breaded shrimp.
You might also like: 10 Delightful Steak Dinner Ideas That Everyone Will Love
How do you reheat fried shrimp?
Reheating fridge shrimp is simple. You can reheat the dish in the air fryer at 350 °F for 2 to 3 minutes or so.
How to store the leftovers?
You can save the fried shrimp leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. They can remain healthy for 2 to 3 days.
Is there any particular kind of cooking spray needed to fry shrimps?
You can use any of the olive or avocado oil spray if you wish. You only should avoid oils with additives.
Is fried shrimp gluten free?
Yes, the recipe above is the same kind. You can also use flour in place of cornmeal or
Also try: Huaraches Food –Traditional Mexican Recipe & Its Origin
This gluten-free fries shrimp recipe is simple, easy, and quick. It bursts with flavor with an appealing crunchiness on the outside. You get a delicious seafood meal in only about 25 minutes from start to finish. Nothing tastes better than cornmeal battered shrimp that is sophisticatedly fried to excellence.
Do you have a fan of panko or cornmeal coating for fried shrimps in your home? Try this crispy shrimp recipe!
Air Fried Gluten-Free Shrimp
Super simple, quick and easy fried shrimp recipe is made light with 5 ingredients in under 30 minutes. Serve it hot with sauce of your choice and salad for a balanced and healthy delicious meal.
- 1 pound Raw Shrimp: 26/23 count, peeled, deveined, shells and tails off
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 cup Gluten-free Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Old bay
Make sure the shrimps are prepared beforehand. They should be developed, with shells and tails removed.
Now prepare for breeding. Mix together the gluten-free panko, pepper, salt, and old bay.
Add the egg whites into a shallow dish.
Dip the raw shrimps into your egg whites.
Dredge them in the breading.
Place each piece on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Repeat the process until you bread all the shrimp.
Spray the air fryer basket bottom with cooking spray.
Add some of the shrimp, not all at once, so they fry well and equally.
Generously spray the shrimp top in the air fryer with cooking spray.
Now fry the shrimps at 380°F for 3 minutes.
With the help of tongs, turn them over. Spray the other side with cooking spray and cook it for an additional 2 minutes.
Remove the first batch from the air fryer.
Repeat the cooking steps for the rest of the shrimp.
Serve the air fried gluten-free shrimp hot with your favorite sauce.
- Read the thorough recipe before you start.
- Ensure to use prepared shrimps to avoid frustration and delays through the process.
- Frozen shrimps are cheaper. Remember to defrost them first.
- Prefer buying easy to peel shrimp. This way, you don't have to clean the vein, and the shells come off with ease.
- For best results, serve instantly.
- Take the cocktail sauce, Cajun remoulade, or any other sauce that you like.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for upto 3 days.
- Reheat shrimp in the air fryer at 350 F for 2 to 3 minutes
- Calories calculated are an estimated figure.